Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh my goodness...

Oh my goodness, what will we do?
William Terry Marks is turning TWO!



William will be 2 years old on Sunday, and I cannot believe it. I get tears in my eyes thinking back two years ago to the awesome day he was born. He is such a blessing to me, to Matthew and to our entire family, and we are all TOO excited to celebrate him and his TWO years.

I love reading on other blogs what kiddos are up to at certain ages, so here's a look at what Master William is up to right now.

- He's just shy of 36 inches, and he weighs 30 lbs. We'll confirm his height and weight next week at the big 2 year old appointment. He's leaned out A TON over the past couple of months, and he looks like a little boy now...no longer a baby.
- He's got blondie blonde hair, darling blue eyes and big kissable lips.
- He's a pretty good eater; he has his favorites...ketchup, mac & cheese and cake. Ha! And he likes fruit and will eat a veggie here and there as long as there is milk offered as a reward.
- He talks up a storm, and most of the time we can understand all his words. This morning he stumped us with "downstairs" which sounded something like "dow-she," but we got it after some pointing and hand gesture help.
- He loves to "William running," "William walking," "William dancing," "William stepping" and anything else "William actively doing." On Wednesday mornings, we go to a tumble & play class, and he gets to practice all his active skills with his buddies.
- He loves to play basketball and any other sport with a ball. Really he just loves being OUTSIDE. He also loves bubbles; he calls all things bubble "bubble juice."



- He's found a little tv show he likes; oops! It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse; I think he likes the hotdog dance and all the characters. It's a great morning time routine b/c I can get breakfast made while he watches it...so I'll not worry too much about his brain rotting away.
- He's got a couple of pals he loves playing with; it is hilarious to watch them play. They are all learning the concepts of sharing, taking turns and even actually playing together.
- He likes reading stories. He goes to Mother's Day Out two days a week, and the teachers always talk about how much he loves to read the stories. Scholastic Books sent us a huge box of books when he was born, so he has been introduced to a random assortment of stories. His favorites include I LOVE TRUCKS, COMMOTION IN THE OCEAN and all of the flap books where he is introduced to new vocabulary words.
- He comes by his middle name "Terry" honestly; he is definitely the second generation of "Tidy Terry." A favorite toy is his Dirt Devil Vacuum. I only wish it really cleaned.
- He's independent. William would prefer to do all things for himself at all times. Sometimes it adds a little time to our activities, but if I can remain patient I am amazed at all the skills he is learning to do. Patience is most certainly a virtue.
- Lastly he loves his mommy, daddy, all his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, his baby brother, Charlie, on the way and Bella, his dog. That's right...you heard it here first...he LOVES Bella. She, however, is just tolerant of him. Ha!





Cheers to William and his nearly 2 self!

No comments:

Post a Comment