Anyhoo, to publicly record my thankfulness, here are my top 10 shows (in chronological order of me discovering them.) And please note, the list was VERY, VERY hard to put together.
1. Punky Brewster - she was my idol; she was soooo cool. Her fashion alone speaks oodles of the times.

2. The Cosby Show - all life lessons were better taught by the Cosby family. Rudy was my hero.

3. 90210 (the original) - all life lessons were NOT better taught by Brenda, Brandon and the crew, BUT they sure were fabulous tv characters. I like the new one too, but it does not make the top ten. I gotta stay true to my roots.

4. ER - I watched it from the start to the finish. I liked it in the good times and the bad. Very interesting sidenote...the final episode aired the night before I delivered William...the first aired while I was in high school...STRONG!!!

5. Friends/Sex in the City - It's my blog, so I can cheat. These two shows were my college and post-college girlie shows. I loved to escape to them. And they both idolize NYC; yahoo!!!


6. Law & Order - I like all the shows all the time. Name me a marathon time, and I will watch it...and love it. I discovered Law & Order late; well, I did not discover late, but I feel in love with it a little slow to the punch.

7. Gilmore Girls - OMG, OMG, OMG....I want to be them. I heart this show with all my might. Seriously, it is just so freaking deliciously marvelous. In my imaginary land, I am besties with them both!!

8. 24 - Wahoozie, what a ride. Jack Bauer and friends are amazing, and despite how hilarious this post is (insert laugh and snicker)...they entertained me during a very hard surgery recovery period, and I hold a truly special place in my heart for this show. All those hours on the couch were well spent trying to figure out what Jack would be up to next.

9. The Closer - Brenda Leigh...you are my Punky of the modern day era. Nuf said. And Fritz reminds me of Matthew; too cute!!

10. The West Wing - It's my new love...we are still in the crush phase. I'm mid season 6, so (a) if anyone actually reads this blog and (b) knows what happens in the end...shame on you if you ever tell me. I need to go now; must watch an episode to celebrate my thankfulness.

p.s. There are soooo many honorable mentions...I really feel bad for not including them, but sometimes in life there has to be a top ten. To all my other favorites, I offer my apologies, and here's to next year. A girl can always change her mind.
Okay, I can breathe easy when I see or hear "Punky Brewster" now. But when you were little and loved her so, I shook thinking about you possibly learning that sometimes a person legally changes her name. What was I to say when you asked to become Punky Rasco? *shudder* *shudder*
ReplyDelete