Anyhoo, March 3's person of thankfulness is none other than WILLIAM TERRY MARKS.
William is one incredible little boy. It is so freakin' cheesy to say, but it is so true...over the past 11 months he has taught me more than I ever thought I could learn. He has tested me, and he has made me a better person. He's a dumpling doo, and he's my new little bestie. You know those dolls from the 80's called "my buddy" and "kid sister." I had a "kid sister" doll (of course), but now I have a real life breathing "my buddy." Wherever I go, he's gonna go. (Sing it like you know you want to...)
I could gush and gush, but I'm sure all 1 billion of my devoted followers don't want to hear how perfect William is...at least not for more than one paragraph. So instead, I will give you a short explanation of his name and a brief insight into his current hobbies.
WTM is named for his great-grandfather, William Hastings, and his grandfather, Terry Rasco. William was an Airforce man and was father to five children including Matthew's mom, Nancy. I think I have finally found a fantastic picture of William from his Airforce days, and once I have it scanned into my computer I will post. He definitely had that old-fashioned movie star quality about him. The picture really could be a movie poster...makes you think of WWII, heartbreak, ultimate victory and American pride...all in one black and white photo. Both Matthew and I thought William would be a strong name for a first born son, and while I never knew William Hastings he definitely had a character worth honoring with a namesake.
Terry is my father, and he will have his own day of thankfulness...but I love him dearly and also believe he has a character worth honoring. He is an architect here in LR, is a husband to Mary Lou, is a father to me and Hamp, stepfather to Elizabeth and Vance, father-in-law to Matthew and is a grandfather to a host of grandchildren including W. Terry (as he likes to call him.) He has a natural ear for music and can play any song on the piano after hearing it just once, and he is an entertainer. He loves to host people and create memories for family and friends.
I hope William grows up to be his own character worth imitating, and I hope that Matthew and I create a home where he can be who he is created to be.
And to wrap up, WTM's current interests include his ballpit (imagine showbiz but better), crawling, exploring anything he should not, eating everything in sight, reading stories (especially ones with Elmo), clapping his hands in celebration and shrieking like a dragon (Claire taught him this trick; it's hilarious.)
Countdown is on to his first birthday, and we are so thankful for him every single day. XXOO!!
No comments:
Post a Comment