My grandfather, Daddy Barnes, turned 88 today, and his three daughters (my mom and her two sisters) plus me, my brother and William went to lunch to celebrate. Daddy Barnes is a widow to a true domestic goddess (Mama Ruby), a father of three daughters, a grandfather of six grandchildren (3 boys and 3 girls) and a great-grandfather of five great-grandchildren (3 girls and 2 boys). He is a retired pharmacist, an avid golfer and a true gentleman. I love and respect him, and I am very, very thankful for him. Happy birthday to you, Daddy Barnes!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Day 20 - Daddy Barnes
My grandfather, Daddy Barnes, turned 88 today, and his three daughters (my mom and her two sisters) plus me, my brother and William went to lunch to celebrate. Daddy Barnes is a widow to a true domestic goddess (Mama Ruby), a father of three daughters, a grandfather of six grandchildren (3 boys and 3 girls) and a great-grandfather of five great-grandchildren (3 girls and 2 boys). He is a retired pharmacist, an avid golfer and a true gentleman. I love and respect him, and I am very, very thankful for him. Happy birthday to you, Daddy Barnes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Daddy Barnes loved having us all together for his birthday lunch...the time together was the best gift ever in his eyes!
ReplyDeleteLove from GiGi